The new guitar kit has arrived, and after a test-fitting/inspection, it’s interesting to note that the crack in the body that led to this being considered a B-stock is hardly noticeable. I’ve ordered a tube of wood filler anyway from Home Depot, which I’ll go pick up tomorrow.
Name-wise, I’m going with “Cabernet.” It’ll be red, to fit with the guitars I have at the permanent home and also to take advantage of the vine themed inlays on the fretboard.
The mental picture for the theme:
- Body & headstock dyed red to highlight the natural wood look
- Red on neck (heh…)
- Black grain filler on body
- Pickguard sprayed to a deep red
- Black faded burst style with dye, like what I did for Ke Kai
The trem is actually a Floyd-Rose-licensed piece, just like on Madeleine, my Jackson Kelly.
I’d considered a set of Dimarzio pickups in red, but that would’ve cost me almost $300, so I’ll have to save that for another time.